Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Making Progress!

We've officially physically been in our new home for a week now. What a process! I'm proud to say we're pretty unpacked, with the exception of 1 box. For whatever reason, it's still not real to me. Maybe it's because we still haven't hung pictures on the walls, or maybe because you can see from the street into the ENTIRE house. I feel like I'm on display to the contractors. Annoying to say the least. Needless to say, we finally ordered our blinds! Let's play the pricing game.. how much would you think it would cost to blind the entire house?

I just love love love the idea of Plantation Style Shutters inside of the house. It's a major southern thing, but they are so killer.


But, they are way more expensive then I would have ever thought. Let's say $4,000 for the entire house. INSANE.

So, we found another alternative that look similar called Plantation Blinds, but aren't the same. Let's just say these are about 1/3 of the price of the others.



I've also finally ordered the chandelier for the bathroom. The original one from my previous post from Lowe's didn't match the chrome finish of the bathroom accessories, so I've been on the lookout. I found this little beauty from Overstock which is my new guilty pleasure for online shopping.



Blinds should be arriving within 2 weeks, and the chandelier by February 11th. I'll post pictures once we're complete.

Happy Decorating!
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment