Friday, February 4, 2011

Best of Charleston

It's time for a public service announcement for my picks for Best of Charleston 2011 through the Charleston City Paper. I won't drag you through all 30 of them, but we'll pick the best of the best, and I'll tell you why.

Best Charleston Festival: Charleston Wine + Food Festival
Why: I love food. Well, not just that. This festival highlights the fabulous culinary scene of Charleston. So many fantastic restaurants, chefs and catering companies all in one space with different events. It also supports local charity. WHOOP!

Best Local Website: Read Charlie
Why: The perfect combination of my favorite things; fashion, food & wine, music and social. You can't beat it. Charlie always knows what's going on in Charleston.

Best Local Twitter Feed: Erika Jackson aka Calendar_Girl
Why: She's hilarious. Just follow and watch daily.

Best Charleston Restaurant: Cypress
Why: Hands down best service, wine list and menu. Hubs and I frequent the cocktail lounge for a quick bite and beverage. We usually end up ordering dinner. One of my favorites is the Wasabi encrusted Tuna. YUM. Just made reservations for Valentine's Day. Obsessed.

Best Charleston Waitstaff: Hank's
Why: Exhibit A: Christmas Dinner. I think we had 4 waiters to our table of two. No kidding. I'm a stickler for service because I'm in the food & beverage industry. I love Cypress, but even they are no comparison to Hank's. The food was good, but the service made it fabulous. A little over-priced,  but worth being waited on hand and foot.

Best Charleston Burger: Triangle Char & Bar
Why: I can't stand pre-made burger patties. They are smooshed down and not juicy. These are made fresh and delicious. Slightly obsessed with the Pimento Cheese Burger & Pork Belly Burger. Wow, that just made me sound REALLY southern.

Best Charleston Boutique: Sally Bettes
Why: Shop Local! Always a great variety of designer duds to choose from. Amazing owners & fabulous local designers in store. Truck shows every month showcasing new product and you can sip some bubbles and snack some sweets too!

Best Charleston Caterer: Newton Farms Catering
Why: Selfish promotion. No lie, I do rock at my job.

Come to Charleston and you must try these favorites, they are guaranteed to please.

For some friendly competition of opinion, check out another local's voice of Best Of here .

Voting is closed, but there will be another blog when winners are announced.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment