Thursday, January 20, 2011

Let's Decorate!

Let's celebrate our Tuesday closing with a little decor! FINALLY, this process is almost over. I've been on the hunt for a table and chairs, and found one at a wholesale furniture place in mt. pleasant. Unfortunately I don't have a picture of it, because it was in a catalog. That's the other problem- you order it, you get it, you hate it- too bad. I just can't fathom that thought of being stuck with something I hate. For my poor husband's sake, I've kept looking.

I found this fabulous contemporary piece at a fabulous little furniture store The Sitting Room in Mt. Pleasant. It's even on SALE! Whoop. I will say, the picture doesn't do much justice because the base looks huge, but it's really, really fabulous in person!
It's an espresso food finish and will look fantastic with anything you put with it, including fun chairs! To start, I'm going to get 4 nice leather ones. I found these at World Market , again on SALE! The actual chairs are a little darker in the legs and doesn't have the rolled back, but you get the idea.

I'm thinking I'll then do a few upholstered ones to throw in the mix in a more fun color since we're keeping the walls pretty neutral. The table seats a total of 8, but I'll probably just do 6 for the time being.

Hubby must approve, so he's going to swing by tomorrow.  I'll keep you posted. What do you think? Too modern or just perfect? The good thing is, we won't have anything we really need to match it with..


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment