Thursday, January 6, 2011

The Few Things I Miss.

The move from Philadelphia to Charleston was huge! I don't miss Philadelphia: the traffic, the people, the crazy sports fans. But, now that I'm planning a trip to PA in March with a pit stop in Philadelphia, I'm thinking of those few things I miss and can't wait to partake in :) Since Philly is a popular place for PA folk to visit, as well as out-of-staters, here are my top 5 things I miss {which means if you're visiting make sure to check them out!}


My shopping Mecca. King of Prussia Mall How I miss you Bloomingdales, Sephora & Nordstrom. If your unfamiliar and live in PA this is so worth the road trip! Just look online at their map and it will give you the chills.


From the college days. A delicious Larry's Cheesesteak. By far the BEST in Philly. Right by SJU off of City Ave. UH-Maze-ING! I will be stopping out of my way for one of these babies when I hit the town. Pats & Geno's are in no comparison, who wants WIZ on their cheesesteak? Nasty! Not this girl.


It's not technically Philly, but the Jersey Shore was a close drive away. You probably don't want to admit it, but these people are entertaining as hell. And yes, for those of you who haven't been to Jersey, this is the real deal.

I love Charleston, but it's skyline can't touch Philly. I used to drive into the city when working for Philadelphia Magazine and see this everyday and night for many hours while sitting in traffic. 

Last but not least, probably my most missed item. Steven Starr Restaurants My favorites are Buddakan{pictured} an amazing Asian fusion restaurant & Alma De Cuba {sadly one of the last places we ate before the move}

I'll also leave you with a recipe for one of my favorite cocktails from Continental Midtown 

The Buzz Aldrin

4 parts Tang
2 parts Peach Vodka
1 part Triple Sec

Combine ingredients in a shaker and shake over ice. Strain into a Tang rimmed cocktail glass and enjoy!





Cheers! XO

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment