Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Pasta Princess Strikes Again!

Just read my name. It would be shameful if I couldn't cook Italian. Sometimes you just don't have time to throw together a fresh sauce for dinner when you've worked over 10 hours that day. I guess you just have to improvise when your starving and are craving pasta as a nice side to your grilled chicken. So I did exactly that.

We'll call this one the Crazy Italian Fresh Sauce In A Hurry {crazy, because it gives a kick & punch in taste and reminds me of this Teresa from the RHONJ moment}



Anyways, here's what you'll need:

1/2 Box Whole Wheat Penne Pasta
1 Small Vine Tomato, Diced
2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
1 Clove Garlic, Minced
1 Tablespoon Dried Basil {or 3 leaves fresh, I just didn't have any on hand but always prefer to use fresh!}
1 Tablespoon Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
1/3 Cup Cheese {I use a Parmesan Asiago Blend}
Salt & Pepper to Taste

Cook pasta as instructed, and drain.

In a non-stick skillet, heat olive oil, salt, pepper and minced garlic {about 3 minutes on low}.



Add in diced tomato, basil and crushed red pepper. Saute {approx 3 more minutes on medium heat}. Toss in pasta.




Add in 1/3 Cup Cheese {I use a Parmesan & Asiago Blend} and mix together. Let set for a minute, then serve.

If your a cheese lover like myself, you can sprinkle in some additional cheese once served.

Mangia!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment