Sunday, May 15, 2011

Annoyed By The Extreme C

Okay, so I must admit I do owe it to the show Extreme Couponing that it's taught me how to coupon effectively, but it's starting to piss me off. The show is becoming too popular and it's killing my shopping at my local stores.

I'm not a crazy couponer, I don't have a binder and I don't stock-pile and never will. I like a good deal, and now that I know how to get one, I plan my shopping trips accordingly.

I'm getting irritated with shopping for good deals, and finding that people who watch this show are now "extreme" and taking this to a whole new level. Since I don't stock-pile, I only need one or maybe two of the item I'm going to buy- not 100 bottles of shampoo like the others that shop at my grocery store. It's getting too popular and when I reach at the shelf for my items, they aren't there. Annoying.


Another observation I've made. I will never coupon to buy things I don't need. Sure a good deal is incentive, but really? Look at the picture above. Does this woman really need a stock-pile of cookies?!


I think it's a little out of control. Don't you?


post signature

2 comments:

  1. I've watched a few episodes of this show and it really is ridiculous! I can't believe the amount of CRAP these people keep in their house. I can understand if they have a few kids or, especially, teenagers....but if it is a family of three or so, then it is stupid to have a bunch of crap that you probably won't use before it expires. I have started couponing but not as crazy as these people. Last time I went shopping I saved over $17 with coupons which I bought a $14 thing of laundry detergent so that was basically free! To me, $17 is a great save!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It makes me so upset to go grab my favorite items and they are gone b/c of the extreme coupon people in Publix! I also am made to feel guilty when I don't have a coupon, "Oh, you don't have ANY coupons?" Who needs 40 cans of peanut butter?! And where are these people storing it?! It's hoarding. :P

    ReplyDelete