Thursday, April 14, 2011

For the Foodie- My Top 6

For the foodies, I thought I'd share my top favorite 6 cookbooks of all time. I was going to settle for a top 5 but that would be too routine. So a las, here's my top 6 and why:

1.  Baked: New Frontiers in Baking


With locations in Charleston and Brooklyn, this spot hits the sweet tooth! With recipes directly from their bakery, you can enjoy their signature sweets whenever you'd like. I oogle over the Pumpkin Whoopee Pies in the fall. Check out their site and fun bake shops here .

2. Charleston Chef's Table Cookbook

Let's do a brief culinary tour around my city. I just adore the author and have met her on several occasions. This book gives recipes and tales from signature local restaurants like Circa 1886 and  Jestine's Kitchen. Available at the Charleston Farmer's Market on Saturdays along with the other fabulous Holly Herrick cookbook Southern Farmer's Market and soon to be Tart Love {I'm SO excited for this release in September!}. Books available here .

3.  Burgers, Fries & Shakes

Dear Bobby, I love you. It's summer and I'm over the moon about making some more of these delicious burgers. Although it's not hard to make a burger with some toppings, this book leaves you with some fun ideas to up-do the normal cheeseburger.

4.  All-New Complete Cooking Light


I have yet to find one recipe in this cookbook that I haven't been in love with. It's a nice play on a meal that can be made healthy and {not taste like crap!}. This book gives calorie counts and fat content too.

5. Charleston Receipts Repeats

Since I'm trying to turn into a Southern Belle and all, you must have the new-age Southern Cookbook. While Charleston Receipts is a great book, and a big time seller for the Charleston Junior League . This one actually gives measurements {like 1 cup} and how to cook it {other then in warm oven}.

6. Giada's Kitchen

I'm a sauce snob, and make my own. Thanks to Daddy {you can buy his sauce- seriously!} DiSalvo's . I do like some other Italian dishes. Although her recipes can be time consuming, they don't require random ingredients {most can be found right in my kitchen}. Her recipes always please and look {and taste} delicious!

Mangia!

post signature

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE Baked! I've never tried the cookbook, though. I want to try that and the Junior League one out!

    ReplyDelete