Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Pasta Princess

I have a natural talent for all things Italian, more specifically pasta. I guess if I didn't my Nonna and Nonno would be ashamed. It's a good thing I paid attention to the authentic cooking of my grandparents and father while growing up, or I'd be in trouble.

I typically make my best pasta dishes without any recipe and spur of the moment. Exhibit A: Orzo deliciousness.

What you'll need:
1 Cup Orzo Pasta
1 Can Small Chicken Broth {low sodium}
1 Small Can Water
6 Chicken Sausage Links {you can use any kind, but I use Spinach & Feta from Costco }
2 Cloves Garlic, Minced
3 Cups Fresh Spinach
1 Green Onion, Chopped
2 Tablespoons EVOO
1/2 Lemon, Juiced
1 Small Can Fire Roasted Tomato
1 Cup Crumbled Feta Cheese

First, heat chicken broth and water in a large pot. Once boiling add in Orzo and let cook for 10 minutes. Then strain and add in lemon juice.

In a saute pan add EVOO and Garlic. Add in tomatoes, spinach and green onion. Let saute for 10 minutes.

Grill sausage links until cooked through. Slice into small pieces and toss into saute pan with other ingredients. Let cook for 5 minutes.

Remove sautee and mix with hot orzo. Plate and add feta.

Enjoy, because it ROCKS!


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment