Saturday, March 26, 2011

Entertaining 101

We finally felt comfortable enough to host a little Open House last weekend to show off our new home and entertain. It was more of a drop in type of thing, but we ended up having about 30 guests show up so it was a great turn out!

I had a wedding on Friday night and was pretty much a waste on Saturday so we hosted on Sunday. Keep in mind, we did have house guests, so I tried to make the prep and items very simple to put together the morning of. All of these are super easy recipes that you can throw together for hors d'oeuvres or a small gathering.



My nice, full table of snacks. And my fabulous red wall. I just needed a nice large view, because it all looked so fabulous!



Miniature Croissant BLT Sliders, super easy and huge crowd pleaser. If you live in Chs you can get these little guys from Newton Farms or Piggly Wiggly perfect for little sliders. You can do BLT's or even chicken or shrimp salad in them.


I totally cheated here, I can't get enough of the Palmetto Pimento Cheese w/ Jalapeno. Amazing. I won't even attempt to make it on my own because I know it will NEVER turn out that good. We also did the Sabre spinach artichoke hummus with Stacy's Naked Pita Chips.


I can't get enough of Presidente Brie. It's super creamy and comes in cute little round blocks. I topped with some blackberries and accented with strawberries.


Always a crowd pleaser and ridiculously easy to make: Chocolate Covered Strawberries. I used Semi Sweet Chocolate since the strawberries were already so sweet.



Caprese Skewers are probably on almost every single catering menu I do for work. If you get the fresh mozzarella balls and cherry tomatoes it makes it so much easier. Just slice the basil and fee through the skewer like a kabob. Once all set I drizzle with Balsamic Reduction or Balsamic Glaze if you have Wegmans near by.


We also did some miniature cheese burger sliders. They are easiest if you get the "homestyle" rolls made fresh from the grocery store. Use burger patties on the grill, then put your cheese on so they melt and cut into quarters. Add in your tomato, lettuce and onion if you'd like. I'd recommend putting the mustard, mayo and ketchup all on the side as some guests don't like condiments.

You'll probably also notice my few items from Williamsport popped in like : Middlesworth BBQ Chips, Funny Bones and Wegmans Lemon Garlic Marinade for my chicken skewers.

Easy, quick entertaining. Enjoy!

xoxoxo

post signature

1 comment: