Sunday, October 16, 2011

Apple Coffee Cake

It's officially time to wind down with the cooking, well cooking sweets that is. I've just been suckered into trying so many recipes I've found on Pinterest . This is my rendition of a Food Network recipe from Emeril. I'm not super huge on fruit in my sweets, but OMG. I will make this over and over. It's incredibly easy and so delicious. Thank God we have a nice, big neighborhood and my neighbors get to participate in taste testing or I'd be 20lbs heavier..

Apple Coffee Cake With Crumble Topping

What you'll need for cake:
1 Stick plus 2 Teaspoons Unsalted Butter
1 1/2 Cups Light Brown Sugar, Packed
2 Large Eggs
2 Cups All Purpose Flour
1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
1 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
1/2 Teaspoon Salt
1 1/4 Cup Fat Free Sour Cream
2 Tablespoons Vanilla Extract
2 Cups Peeled, Cored, Chopped Apples { I used a combination of Gala and Macintosh and it was approximately 3 apples- I used a little more then 2 cups}.

What you'll need for the crumble...
1/2 Cup Light Brown Sugar, Packed
1/2 Cup All Purpose Flour
1/2 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
4 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter, Softened

Preheat oven to 350 degrees and lightly grease a 13 x 9 glass baking dish.

Cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add in eggs 1 at a time.



In a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.

Add to the wet ingredients, alternating sour cream and vanilla.


Peel, core and chop apples.




Fold in the chopped apples.



Pour into prepared baking dish, spread to edges evenly.

To make topping, combine sugar, flour, cinnamon, butter. Mix until combined into course crumbs. Sprinkle over the entire cake and bake until golden brown and set. Approximately 45 minutes.


Remove from oven and let cool on rack for approx. 10 minutes.


Enjoy because it's to-die-for.

xoxo



post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment