Friday, December 31, 2010

Let's Get Serious..

Yikes. Let's get serious. My first post was LAME. This blog is about me! I'm excited to share some of my entertaining ideas { I love having guests } , easy dinners { I'm the daughter of a chef} , funny stories {I told you I work in the wedding industry} , fashion {i heart shopping}, decor {of our new home} and southern lifestyle {for a city girl}.

Let's get started!

It's NYE and instead of going out in all of the hustle and bustle, we're having house guests! I feel like I'm being somewhat {cheap} these days because I know I'm going to splurge once the new house purchase is finalized. Instead of doing $125 per head for hors d'oeuvres and crappy drinks, we're rolling in 2011 with high style.

NYE Menu:

Field Green & Spinach Salad with Feta, Cherry Tomatoes & Balsamic Vinaigrette
Lobster Tail & Asian London Broil with Sauteed Spinach & Garlic Mashed Potatoes
Cheesecake Factory Cheesecake {with my spin of Nutella & raspberry}
Oh.. and did I mention 4 bottles of champagne {I'm a junkie}

I'll start off with my first recipe {whoop!} it's an easy one that anyone can do. Just marinate the meat and let it sit overnight- done and done. Start off with a 2lb London Broil or Beef Tenderloin. I like London Broil as a cut a little bit better.

Whisk together the following in a small bowl: 1/4 cup Miran {found in the Asian section of the store}, 2 cloves minced garlic, 1/4 cup dry white wine {I use Sav. Blanc}, a few dashes of Low Salt Soy Sauce, 1 Tablespoon Wasabi powder {also found in the Asian section of the store}. Whisk! Place London Broil in a zip lock bag and drizzle in marinade. Let sit over night. Next day, let sit out 10 minutes before grilling. Grill to your liking.

Happy 2011 . xoxox


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment